Turn back the clock
Apple Time Machine and Microsoft Backup
Apple Mac OS X has a built-in backup program called Time Machine – silly name but nifty program.
All you need is an external USB hard disk.
- Plug external USB hard disk in to your Mac
- You will ask if you want to use it as a backup device – just say Yes!
- Now every time you connect the Time Machine hard disk to your Mac it will backup your stuff. Cool!
- If you leave the Time Machine disk connected it will back up your stuff every hour
- If you disconnect the Time Machine disk your Mac will remind you to reconnect and backup after about 10 days
Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 have a similar backup program but it doesn’t have a silly name – its just called Backup. Still very handy to have when your delete something or your hard disk fails.
Again you need an external USB hard disk for Microsoft Backup.